(C/R Support) – Chemotherapy and radiation treatments are very effective in killing cancer cells and save so many lives, but this lifesaving treatment kills healthy cells along with cancer cells. This wreaks havoc on the body causing an array side effects like nausea, vomiting, hair loss, weakening and fatigue. In Chinese medicine radiation therapy depletes the yin, body fluids, and wei qi, as well as weakens the spleen and stomach or the digestive system.
Chinese herbs can be very helpful in supporting this situation When looking for a modern day formula to nourish the yin and body fluids, strengthens the defensive qi, and tonify the middle burner. Look for one containing the following herbs:
Huang Qi – Replenishes the vital qi, consolidates the wei qi, and protects against external pathogenic factors, Tonifies the qi and blood and promotes healing.
Dang Gui – Augments the yin and blood to relieve thirst and dryness.
Bai Zhu – Tonifies the Spleen qi to increase both energy and appetite.
- Tonifies the Spleen and the Stomach
- Tonifies yin and moistens dryness
- Tonifies the wei(defensive) qi
- Harmonizes the middle jiao
- Huang Qi (Radix Astragali)
- Di Huang (Sheng) (Radix Rehmanniae)
- Mai Dong (Radix Ophiopogonis)
- Bai Zhu (Rhizoma Atractylodis Macrocephalae)
- Dang Gui (Radix Angelicae Sinensis)
- Ren Shen (Rx/Rz Ginseng)
- Gou Qi Zi (Fructus Lycii)
- Zhu Ru (Caulis Bambusae in Taenia)
- Shi Di (Calyx Kaki)
- Chen Pi (Pericarpium Citri Reticulatae)
- Ling Zhi (Ganoderma)
- Dong Chong Xia Cao (Cordyceps)
- Zhi Gan Cao (Rx/Rz Glycyrrhizae Praeparata)
- 3-4 capsules 3 times a day for an average adult (18-60 years of age, approximately 150 lbs). This standard dosage may be increased or decreased depending on the patient’s individual factors, such as age, body weight, type of illness and severity.
- Serve with warm water on an empty stomach, 2-3 hours apart from your prescription medication or other supplements. Do not take with tea, coffee, juice, soda or any other beverages.
Statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat and cure or prevent disease. Information provided by NMC is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice. Any information given is only intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from scientific world literature. You are encouraged to make your own health care decisions based upon your own research of the subject and in partnership with a qualified health care professional.